RISE is a student-run organization empowering students to rise up and apply their knowledge into solving environmental problem in Rural China. Through the collaboration between local and International Students, we create the Exchange of Knowledge, idea, and culture to achieve sustainable development.
– Establishment of RISE by Jason Lee and Alejandra
– Disseminated 100 Biosand Filter to Ningxia area.
– Provided BSF construction training to students in elementary school, high school, and university.
– Found heavy metal pollution in drinking water in Shanxi and built pilot BSFs.
– Started collaboration with Taiyuan University of Technology(å¤ªåŽŸç†å·¥å¤§å¦).
– 3 New projects (Aquaponics, Bamboo Bike, Solid Waste Management) started.
– Disseminate 200 BSFs in Shanxi, and 30 BSFs to elementary schools in Gansu.
3rd year Undergraduate School of Economics and Management